Did I just exclude myself from using TW?

In the process of switching to a Lenovo ChromeOS Duet 5. It runs on an ARM8 (aarch64) chip w/ Crostini as the linux container.

From what I gather, TiddlyDesktop won’t work because nw.js does not yet work on this chip. Would love to discover that I’m wrong, but so far all attempts to install have failed. :frowning:

Before you give up all hope single file wikis only need a browser :nerd_face:

Hopefully others can find away. node should be adaptable.

Quick trip to nw.js popped up this;

Hope that helps.

wow - 1.6gb? so, once I download and extract, where do I put those files? or does the automatic-build.sh script automatically overwrite things as needed?

have you tried saving/downloading/reloading a TW every. single. time. you edit something? :crazy_face:

Tried installing timimi but couldn’t get it to run either :frowning:

There are many ways. Let us know how you go with @Ste_W’s tips.
I gota go to bed :nerd_face: tomorrow

tried building but too many problems kept popping up so back to downloading the .tar.gz of 1.3gb - eta over 3 hours :frowning:

There are at least two different approaches for using the File System Access API. Either might be a good saving mechanism until there’s a node for your platform.

I found a fix for timimi, maybe it will work for you as well : Using timimi on Steam Deck (or: how to use timimi with firefox flatpak on archlinux)

Would WebDAV be an option? I personally use RCX to serve my wiki on my Android device, and can access it from my Chromebook. There’s Widdler too, but I haven’t tried that one.

1 Like

flatpak doesn’t run on ARM chips, evidently

I used webdav on my Mac for awhile, but do you have any more detail about setting this up? I installed RCX under Android on my ChromeOS device, but can it access Google Drive folder on my device?

I haven’t tried it from the emulated Android environment on Chrome OS, but I assume it should work the same.

1. Select Remotes from the top-left hamburger menu
  2. click the + at the bottom-right and select a remote (where your file is stored). I chose local, but you can choose Google Drive as well. In my experience, Google Drive was slow to save.
  3. After creating the remote, open it and click the + at the bottom-left > upload files > and select your wiki file.
  4. select the ellipsis at the top-right of the app and click “Serve…”
  5. select WebDav and then choose whether to allow other devices to access and an optional username/pw (don’t enable access to other devices when you’re not on your own secured network).
  6. You should be able to see your wiki on the host device from http://localhost:8080/yourwikifile.html . If you enabled access to it on other devices, you can access it from your device’s ip address (on Android, you can go to your Wifi network settings to see this) - e.g…

xxx.xxx.x.xx:8080/tiddlywiki.html

Edit: One other quirk I should mention - I’ve been having trouble with the wiki loading from the browser cache. You can just refresh the page when this happens, but it’s an annoyance.

When I select Google Drive it asks for name, client id, client secret, scope and root folder id - I have no idea what to put in any of these. I tried a name and scope once, but then it sends me to localhost in the browser and comes up “refused to connect”. sigh

I’m not sure about the “refused to connect” error. Whenever I tried it, I just had to put in a name, scope, and then it brought me to the Google authentication screen to approve access from RClone.

I get sent to this URL:

http://127.0.0.1:53682/auth?state=cHAxq3nbQ8RjE18imLdlOA

Error: Connection Refused

:frowning: sorry it didn’t help! I’ve not tried it personally, I just hoped it was useful!

1 Like

OK, executive decision made. Instead of selling the MB Air I’m keeping it and selling the damned Chromeblet. Hopefullyy won’t lose too much $ on it since I got it on sale.

1 Like

I would also like to know what the best way to sync/edit TW between android and Chrome os is. Currently using syncthing to sync the files and only using the Chromebook to view TW files, all editing is done via Tiddloid on Android.

Sorry, I’m not sure how to resolve that error. It’s possible that the app doesn’t work on the version of Android that comes with Chrome OS. It doesn’t look like it is actively maintained, unfortunately.