Creating a glossary (not an index)

Apologies for the complexity there! Most of that is due to my determination to make entry links appear as tags whenever the entry’s name in fact has tag-children, //and// to extract only the crucial beginning section of the tiddler (which might go on to give examples and so on), so that the glossary would remain compact.

If I were to re-build that glossary solution today, it could make use of cascade and other tools that really weren’t in play when I designed it. :slight_smile:

Very nice! Is the result online somewhere?

Hey, my alma mater! Class of 1989, studied Math and Religion. Was trying to figure out if this was actually my school, when I found office hours, with a map of the Russell House. I remember some interesting debates and chamber music there! Good to know TW is helping support the Philosophy Department!

No, it is not online. I’m not that into “web>1”’ / sharing online, yet . (if that makes sense…) I’ve never hosted anything.

If it’s pleasing, you could implement it as flavour / variant in your github / demo. That way the aestheticly different versions would be combined and easy to find together for the next script-kiddy on my level :wink: .

Just install shiraz and give the tiddler a field class:multicol.

I’ve tried to make a close replica of that with a minor modification to my existing version, just adding a CSS class to use. The result is pretty close. The nice thing is that the markup is the same whether we add a class name or not. I imagine Shiraz has more sophistication, but making it multicolumn was simply a matter of adding two lines of css. The rest of this was to make it feel more like your version.

Result.

The explanation section has been updated to include this.

Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

I think the link-traget is missing

Strange. When I cut and paste from the message it works. In any case it’s at https:/crosseye.github.io/TW5-demos/2023-01-13a/#Compact%20Glossary.

(To see the effect in mobile, you’ll have to go landscape.)

https:/crosseye.github.io/TW5-demos/2023-01-13a/#Compact%20Glossary

2 Likes