Crazy todo concept / replacing current tiddler's text

Agreed, I specifically built it that way because the intent was to mark a few follow ups along the way, and most are tied to quick conversations with people. Most times then that conversation would knock a couple out together. So using the text after todo allows the flexibility of it being likely being solved multiple things at once (same text) or separate conversations (different text). To a point @TW_Tones brought up, I already have a summarizing area elsewhere that scrapes all lines with todos in them which is helpful when I have a day that’s literally all meetings.

For me the last piece is the quick shortcut where I can highlight the text, do ctrl-t or something and surround it like bold. I know I’ve seen how to do that somewhere, just need to find it.

I am not sure I understand you correctly. But if all you want is marking the text bold - we have the keyboard shortcuts in $:/ControlPanel. Mark the text and press Ctrl-B.

Sorry @Birthe , I meant to use that as an example but instead of surrounding the selected text with the wiki text denoting bold, it would surround it with the above macro.

So selecting call the boss would become <<todo "call the boss">>. I think a custom editor button can do it somehow along with the shortcut editor.

The first part of it the Editor Toolbar button look at the way @Dave Gifford did it in the

subsume plugin

@Mohammad you’re right - that’s important, though I have already implemented something similar in that I always have an open tiddler “Home” at the top that summarizes ALL notes item, so same effect, but across notes. In my case, I use multiple short tiddlers (one for each meeting), so this is preferable. If my workflow was instead just one per day, then the way you describe it would make more sense. When I finish the button thing, I’ll post everything back here as a package.

1 Like

Cross linking the related discussion, @stobot implementation of ideas, that were started here