Could we provide a tiddlername and a search string and navigate to, and highlight the string?

An example would be navigating on tiddlywiki.com to the tiddler " ## Release 5.2.0
and find the first occurrence of variance or even the known tiddler title [[variance Operator]]within the tiddler “Release 5.2.0”, ideally we could search for the next.

• Of note here is the last step is to search the rendered tiddler not the ‘unrendered’ text field within

Possibilities

• Perhaps Dynannotate plugin?
  • Can javascript initiate an in page search ?
    • It seems so, just not sure how to implement it.

For example;

<<action-navigate-to-string $tiddler=<<tiddlername>> $string="string">>

specific example
<<action-navigate-to-string $tiddler=<<release>> $string="variance Operator">>

I think this would be very useful for those of us who tend to have article/essay length tiddlers, especially if the string being searched for was “sticky” so the same phrase or word could be repeatedly searched for in different tiddlers without extra typing :grin:

Try this URL https://tiddlywiki.com/#:[!is[system]search:title[task]]
Also see: https://tiddlywiki.com/#PermaLinks

Mario that will only get us to the tiddler not the first string displayed on that tiddler which is the new bit.

That’s right. … I didn’t say there’s a finished solution. …

The thing is I use the built in browser search a lot. With F3 it jumps to the different words and highlights them. And there is an option in the browser to highlight all appearances of the search term. That’s good enough for me.

I know, that you want to have that behaviour in TW. So have a closer look at the “dynannotate” core plugin. If imported to a wiki it contains some description and several examples.

It also shows, how to create a custom search input. I think that could be a basis for functions you suggest.

@pmario & @TW_Tones

It is an interesting thing. Useful, Tony is proposing.

From the get-go I want to encourage you to make any solution enabled to use Regular Expressions to give it maximal utility.

Just a comment
TT

@Charlie_Veniot had done something similar. See this discussion. I am not sure whether this is what you want.

1 Like

Yes @arunnbabu81 that looks like a good lead. If I understood how it worked I may be able to make a new version to support this.

Consider though, given a search string when I open a tiddler it highlights that string, and ideally scrolled to the first occurrence. In this case the highlight in on the current tiddler, in the view template where @Charlie_Veniot’s solution which displays and highlights content found elsewhere.

It makes me wonder if we could save one or more search strings and if these strings exist on the current tiddler highlight them.

All the logic should exist in the freelinks plugin.

I found this for the Chrome Browser - I wander How it will work with tiddltwiki https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/google/google-to-let-you-link-directly-to-a-word-or-phrase-in-chrome/