Could tiddlers save webpage's html and css like Pocket?

Hi everyone

Pocket saves entire webpages as articles. CSS included. I am just wondering if there would be a way to “save webpage to TiddlyWiki” as a tiddler, or drag a webpage into a tiddlerto save it there.

Inspired by the “Is it a Magic?” conversation.

1 Like

Tiddlyclip can save selected portions of webpages as html tiddlers (whole webpage as can also be selected for saving)

1 Like

I will have to go back and look at that! Thanks.

1 Like

Here is a small demo - https://multicolumn-krystal.tiddlyhost.com/

Ignore the error message on the homepage whch is due to some conflict with multicolumn anfd krystal plug ins.

Click on the Tiddlyclip link in the topbar to see the snip and html tiddlyclip configurations. (I removed the complete list of tiddlyclip configurations from this demo to avoid confusion - if you want to see those go to this tiddler - MW43 - It wont work until renamed to TiddlyClipConfig )

Tiddlyclip add-on have to be downloaded from this site - Locations of Addon · Discussion #88 · buggyj/tiddlyclip-plugin · GitHub

Install it as told here - https://github.com/buggyj/tiddlyclip.

Then only the plug in will work.

Once the add-on is installed - open the wiki.
Right click to bring the context menu which shows the option to dock the current wiki to the add on,

Once the wiki is docked, again press the context menu

Now you can see the available clipping options - this corresponds to the configurations added in the tiddler called TiddlyClipConfig (This step is not necessary).

Now go to the webpage you want to clip - select the text and images (or by using select option in the context menu)

Now right click on the webpage to pop open the context menu

Select html from the context menu - now you will have the webpage saved as html tiddler.

You can use visual editor to edit the html tiddler (Use htmlckeditor config if editing of html is needed).

3 Likes

Wow, thanks arunnbabu! Heading on a trip and will check this out next week. Blessings.

@DaveGifford Did you tried to use it ?

The htmltotw5 macro by @Mark_S as discussed here makes conversion of html content from webpages into wikitext easier. Take a look at it if interested.

1 Like