Corrupt TW with JSON and .tid files export and import problems

Scot,

Confirmed. Both your json and your tid imports with no problems at all.
At least you can export your tiddlers- or create a non problematic backup - not to loose you content.

Maybe start a new post about problems with browser extension disturbing use of tiddlywiki - or something. That could put attention to that problem, warn other people and hopefully get better answers about how to go about it.

Cough. Cough. I did ask about extensions …

I would worry that the extension is corrupting other downloaded files as well.

With Firefox and Chrome (Chrome is easier the last time I checked) you can use profiles. So you can launch a browser with or without certain extensions. I use this, for instance, to keep Facebook on it’s own island. Or to test out things without extensions active.

1 Like

@Birthe
Thank you for confirming that my files now import without problems.
I’m glad that the content I have in my tiddlers is undamaged. It has made me focus on what I should be doing with TW. I tend to dabble with snippets of code and have many different TW’s on a range of subjects - trying to learn the inner workings rather than starting a project for real.
Regarding your suggestion for a new post, I agree one is required to bring attention to problems and of course solutions to fix them.

@Mark_S
Just say it “I told you so”.
I would have thought that a VPN would have been checked thoroughly so as not to corrupt files and was surprised when I googled it to find the solution. I was unaware that browsers could use profiles to tailor extensions, that’s good to know.
I can at least leave my android apps on my phone and tablet for the time being, knowing that ExpressVPN was the culprit.

Thanks again, to you both, hopefully I won’t cause you anymore trouble
Scot.

I’m happy, that you found the problem. … Can you please mark your own post: Corrupt TW with JSON and .tid files export and import problems - #20 by Scot as a solution. So other see, that it has been resolved.

This is a black mark for the Express VPN solution and clearly an assumption they made that is making an “ASS out of U and ME” (Assume).

Marked as solution as suggested.
Follow on post is required to highlight problems with browser extension disturbing use of tiddlywiki and method to record and highlight other problems and their solutions.