CodeMirror 6 plugin Beta

Oh, good…
PS: I still use your plugin, because it’s smaller and I’ve no use for all additional features.

I followed the install-documentation:
grafik

This leads me to v0.1.26.

This version is already installed in my wiki and has the issue.

Thanks, Stefan

Just to clarify, there is almost no difference in size between the two plugins so far

Because the latter introduces the functions of codemirror6 on demand instead of importing all codemirror6, there will be some optimization in volume.

Hi @StS ,

currently you can find the new plugin version only on the TiddlyFlex site under SideBar > More > Plugins

At the moment it’s not really minimized, which means I haven’t excluded any packages that are not needed. That’s why it’s a little bit bigger in size…

Best wishes,
Simon Huber

Hi @BurningTreeC, found it (v0.1.29) - thanks.

The behavior is still not ok:

1. open my long tiddler
  2. press Ctrl+F → Cursor jumps into search menu field, but is not visible (out of scope)
  3. start tipping → menu comes into scope and text will be highlighted
  4. press “next”-Button will not jump direct to the 1st match (out of scope); you have to scroll up a little bit to see the hightlighted search word (as described before)

Greetings, Stefan

Hi @StS

can you try importing your long tiddler in the plugin page and see if the problem is the same there?
Like that we can identify if the problem is in the CodeMirror plugin or in your wiki.

Thanks,
Simon

Lorem tiddler imported (content: 47 lines with Lorem text-phrases)

• Ctrl+F will show the search menu…
  • Search for “Lorem” → press next / previous will never show the word in line 1 and line 2…

→ issue comes with updrade tiddly to v5.3.3

Thanks, Stefan

Which browser are you using?

I’m using TiddlyDesktop…
Test on TiddlyFlex site with FF 123.0.1 (64 Bit)

I don’t understand this, I’m testing on the TiddlyFlex page and in TiddlyDesktop right now and cannot reproduce a problem

I removed the plugin and reinstalled it… same issue

Checked again with old version: 5.3.1 → everything wörks as expected

Hi @StS

can you check again with version 0.1.30 (on the TiddlyFlex page) and in a fresh 5.3.3 tiddlywiki?

Hi @BurningTreeC,

I installed your latest version.
Test: NOK
I had the plugin codemirror-6 and codemirror installed. (same as in v5.3.1)
After deinstallation of codemirror it works as expected. :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot!

I also tried it with a fresh installation v5.3.3 - as you mentioned:
→ add codemirror-6 plugin

→ imported my Lorem tiddler
Test:
→ when preview is off, with Ctrl+F the search menu came and search etc. is working fine.
→ switching preview on, the search menu will not be shown… (behavior as decsribed last chats)

But I’m happy, that my wiki works again - with and without preview.
Thanks again for your investigation!

Greetings, Stefan

Hi @BurningTreeC

with plugin codemirror-6 (v0.1.30) in tiddler edit-mode the color is set to gold.
grafik
Found it also for .ͼo1, .ͼcd, .ͼ6j…
I guess, it comes when using quotation marks.

Where is this color defined / where can I change it?

Thanks, Stefan

Hi all,

I’ve now released a lightweight version with v0.1.31

You can find it on the plugin page

Best wishes,
Simon

3 Likes

This is missing from the keymap tiddler

KeyMap

Ctrl-Alt-g: gotoline

Thank you so much for all your time

Ctrl-Alt-g vs Ctrl-g for gotoline

I will point out that both Ctrl-g and Ctrl-f do exactly the same thing, and that Ctrl-g would make gotoline much less cumbersome than Ctrl-Alt-g.

I’m sure this seeming oddity is the CodeMirror default, and not your choice. There must be some reason with the larger set of their keymap.