CodeMirror 6 - back to development

<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-edit-text-operation" $param="wrap-selection" prefix={{Tiddler with prefix}} suffix={{Tiddler with suffix}}/>

And the “Tiddler with prefix” contains:

<$list filter="[

And the “Tiddler with suffix” contains:

]" variable=item>

<<item>>
</$list>

Bingo!     

btw, if you want me to clean up this thread (a few of those chat-like messages could be removed) let me know.

AND you’ve fixed the issue with the Esc key while the search panel is open. Great news!

1 Like

Lucky 13 I guess :wink:

1 Like

When do you think themes might appear?

Actually, any exposure of the mode such that a user might modify colors/text styles etc.

Hi @CodaCoder - well I made codemirror adapt to the various palettes and thought that might be good enough.
I haven’t planned adding more themes.

P.S. text style can be changed using the control panel

Not that stuff, the mode stuff.

By the way, I got the actions down to a single tiddler per action (three tiddlers per action was getting a bit unwieldy to manage).

What do you mean? Could you please be a bit more precise so that I can follow?

Great!

I couldn’t be more precise. In CodeMirror, the syntax recognition systems are called modes. A mode handles the markup of “words” and “terms” and other “glyphs” used by the language being edited.

https://codemirror.net/5/mode/

EDIT: In 6 they seem to have gone :frowning:

Hi @CodaCoder

Doesn’t the editor change syntax highlighting and autocompletion based on the type you choose?

Hello all,

I’ve just released version 0.3.0 of my CodeMirror 6 plugin
In this release users can add their custom autocompletions to the autocomplete dropdown that’s triggered by typing “??” (which is also configurable)

I hope you all like this
Please report if you find a bug
Please let me know if you have an idea

Thank you,
Simon

1 Like

Yes, kind of… but that’s not the same as having full lang support where “mixed” modes are supported: see CodeMirror Mixed-Language Parsing Example – and btw, modes are not gone, they’re just not surfaced so noticeably as they were in 5.

I’m not sure, but I think from the limited reading I’ve done, “mixed mode” for us would need to include: lang-html, lang-css and possibly lang-json / lang-javascript.

I totally understand if you don’t have the time – I don’t either. :frowning:

@BurningTreeC

Can we have indentation work with spaces and not tabs? I see in engine.js where you’re setting it - could that become an exposed setting?

Hi @CodaCoder

version 0.3.2 now lets you configure the tab size and also if spaces or tabs are used.

Best wishes,
Simon

2 Likes

Hi all,

with version 0.3.3 I’ve updated the library to the latest upstream developments

Best wishes,
Simon

1 Like

@BurningTreeC I recall the other CM6 plugin had this problem…

The longer I have my wiki open, the longer that list gets. Benign but less than ideal.

It creates one for opening a tiddler for editing, and another one when saving the tiddler.

EDIT:

Interestingly, I just checked your demo version 0.4.0. It creates ONE when opening the tiddler for editing. Does NOT create one when saving.

Hi @CodaCoder

Yeah, I’m interested in fixing this
Maybe @oeyoews can give me a hint how he fixed it?

Thank you,
Simon

No need for hints anymore, I fixed it @CodaCoder

1 Like

@BurningTreeC Is indenting on the near horizon? I mean, indenting regardless of “type” or language…