Can't arrange tiddlydesktop wikilist

Yesterday I upgraded tiddlydesktop to v0.0.15. Today I noticed that I cannot rearrange the wikis in the wikilist. They just drop back to their original location. I’m sure this is probably a permissions issue on a configuration file, but I don’t know which file it might be or where to look for it.

I am running tiddlydesktop in my home directory on Ubuntu 22.04 desktop version.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
CaptainPackers

I also have problems since trying to upgrade to v.0.0.15 that looked permissions might be have something to do with it (Need help troubleshooting TiddlyDesktop version 15). The farthest I’ve gotten in debugging it is at the bottom of my post. Everything worked with prerelease 3 but not with anything after that. You might want to see if it is the same for you. If you’re more knowledgable than I and you see the same pattern with early prereleases working but not 4 or anything later, it might give you a clue.

Thanks @CaptainPackers @DBH – that’s a bug that we’ve fixed (see here) but there’s not yet been a subsequent. Given your reports it’s worth making a v0.0.16 release with this fix. I’ll report back here when it is available.

The new release is available here:

Let me know how you get on,

Best wishes

Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy
Regards,

Captain Packers

Thanks Jeremy, but it looks like my problem (Need help troubleshooting TiddlyDesktop version 15) is something different. I just tested release 16 on a different Mac from the one I did my earlier testing on (running the latest Ventura) and I still can’t save tiddlers or create more than 1 new tiddler, or even open the control panel.

I get a mismatch between what is visible in the story river and what is shown in the open tab in the sidebar and with enough effort (attempting to create new tiddlers, renaming and attempting to delete) I can even get a mismatch between what is shown in TiddlyDesktop and the contents of the tiddler folder. Release 14 was fine and, when testing, everything up to prerelease 4 of release 15 was fine but prerelease 4 and onward all showed this very strange behavior with folders, though not with single file wikis.

Cheers,
Dan

Jermy,

Drag and drop is now working. Thank you.

However, I am now experiencing the same issues reported by DBH (Need help troubleshooting TiddlyDesktop version 15). Basically, folder tiddlywikis are non-functional.

I must admit, I did not try using them with v.15 yesterday, but I know that they worked for me in the past (probably v.14).

I hope you can find the time to look at this because I do like the extra security of having my tiddlers saved as plain text files in a folder (in terms of backing up my files).

Thanks for all you do.

Regards,
Captain Packers

P.S. This does seem to be version related. I just tried running a wikifolder in v.14 and it worked as expected.

I don’t know if this is of any help, but I see this message when I start v.14

Screenshot_20230111_124720

Can we disable the “profile” for testing purposes in v.15 and v.16? How would we do that?