Append an variable with space into a list

I am working on a filter to append a new item from a variable into list. However this variable has spaces. The new generated list splits the space into different variable. How should I append as single item?

This is a minimum example.

<$vars variable="new day">
<$list filter="[[Monday]] [[Tuesday]] +[append<variable>]">
<$link/>
<br/>
</$list>
</$vars>

The output looks like

But I expect only three items: Monday, Tuesday and new day.

Try this:

<$vars variable="new day">
<$list filter="[[Monday]] [[Tuesday]] :all[<variable>]">
<$link/>
<br/>
</$list>
</$vars>
2 Likes

Thanks It is working for me. I learn something here.

Sorry I just noticed my real situation is much complicated than this. I will restructure my question in a new thread.

If anyone is interested, I opened another thread in response to some confusion this answer caused me. It’s been well explained by @Mark_S and @etardiff – so if something seems surprising in this simple answer, please check that out. And thank you Mark and Emily, and @saqimtiaz for the help!

1 Like

IMO it would be much easier to read if it would be like:

If anyone is interested, I opened a new thread The meaning of :all in response to some…

instead of this, here or other threadthose links do not lead anywhere. … I know its a bit more work but IMO it helps readers a lot.

I have no problem with that; it’s actually easier to do. This is a long-standing habit from writing for the web. If the other will be easier to read here, I’ll try to remember to do that.