An invention you may be interested in, focused tiddler types and setting current Focus

I added some comments on your thread and name it here for others to find Alternate page template which moves clicked tiddlers to the top of the story - #2 by TW_Tones

I have a reason to use TiddlyMap after not doing so for a long time, I notice that the focust-tiddler button brings a given tiddlers node into the live view.

cool.

1 Like

Is this a page layout? I thought it is working on the default page layout.

Pretty slick idea @TW_Tones. The TiddlyMap bonus is also quite interesting.
Cheers!

1 Like

The only differences when the custom layout is active is any link clicked such as in the sidebar also triggers the custom actions, without it, the focus tiddler still changes.

• The custom actions such as the one that demonstrates maintaining the current and previous “element” in view can also be triggered by clicking the red or green target icon.

I think the package meets its intended goals but now also

• allows alt-click on a red or green target button to be pinned at the top

Thanks to all the reviewers and comments.

I just want to spell out the key discovery which I consider a useful innovation.

With the Focus tiddler layout active and one or more “custom actions on focus” you can track the tiddlers you have “focused on” in a logical and comprehensive way.

• For example imagine your tiddlers have an object-type field in which you name the tiddler type such as project, todo, reference, contact, map, bookmark etc…
  • It is quite simple as a result, to display to the user the current and previous of each of these object-types to be focused.
    • That is it automatically records the current project, contact etc… which you can use to present information based on that information.
    • Keep track of multiple key tiddlers in a long story of open tiddlers
    • Use focussed tiddlers to retain mental and logical focus in complex activities.